Self-Study Begins Anytime
Anxiety is something that you can’t just “wish away.” Research demonstrates that the very things most people do to try to feel better—distracting oneself, avoiding fearful or stressful situations, pushing worry out of mind, talking oneself out of it – only make the problem worse. The Mindful Way through Anxiety, by Susan Orsillo, PhD and Lizabeth Roemer, PhD, presents a powerful new, evidence-based alternative that can help break the grip of anxiety by fundamentally changing how one relates to it.
This self-study is for people who are interested in a new understanding of anxiety – what it is, where it comes from, how it operates, how it effects lives and strategies to break free from it.
Upon completion of this 16 credit Category A, ACSW approved workshop applicable to all social work categories, you will be able to:
- Obtain your anxiety score
- Explain how fear and anxiety impairs the quality of life
- Learn step-by-step strategies for gaining awareness of anxious feelings
- Practice clinically tested mindfulness practices specifically tailored for anxiety
- Describe obstacles to mindfulness and ways to overcome them
- Discover how mindfulness can reduce suffering from anxiety and lead to a fuller, more meaningful life
Only $189 for 16 credits. To keep costs to a minimum, the book has not been included. Mindful Way through Anxiety, is readily available at your local library, or for purchase through book stores or online through Amazon.
Register today and begin to cultivate and enjoy well-being.
Have more questions? Refer to our Frequently Asked Questions.
Access to course details, including the post test and reflection essay will be made available upon registration.